Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ethics


This is the main topic of last evening sharing moment with Ustaz Razak. Confusing but yet open up my mind. I love Ustaz Razak's lecture/talk because he's really amusing. Yeah he knows how to grab audiences attention with his accent and points. I paid attention but sometimes I dozed off..huhu it's raining + cold weather put some weight on my lashes I guess hahaha not related at all. The thing is ethic is somehow subjective and for me it is more on your intention on doing anything..yeah but still need to be rationalize by Mr Brain. But there is one thing that I can't agree. It is about what if your subject has a transmittable disease and he's getting married? Will you tell his partner about his sickness? Many of us answered yes but I'm not. Let me tell you why. Okay yeah some might say it is our responsibility to tell his partner regarding his disease but we cannot neglect the subject's feeling. Imagine you tell his partner and she called off the wedding. The subject must be depressed and feels betrayed. In worse case scenario, his partner might tell on others about him, thus embarrassed him. The subject is already depressed with the called off wedding, and now he need to suffer from public accusation? That is totally unacceptable. So what can we do? We can't let it slide and let the disease being transmitted to others but at the same time, we need to consider subject's feeling. Okay this is something that I can suggest. First consult with the subject regarding this matter. Tell him what might happen if he's still want to get married and what will happen to his spouse and children if he continue doing it. If he can't make any decision, asked his permission to bring along his partner so she can have a clear view about subject. Asked her to sign an agreement so she will not tell anybody about subject if she wants to called off the wedding. Yeah might be trivial but I think only this the subject's right will be protected.
Okay need to stop now..so if you happen to have any opinion regarding this matter, please share with me because I would love to see on others angle as well. (^-^)

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget