Thursday, May 3, 2012
Well these are quotes that took my interest in Sun Tzu, The Art of War
1. "The wise general is the Lord of Destiny; He holds the nation's peace or peril in his hand"
2. "The general who cannot master his anger orders his troops out like ants, sending one in three to their deaths, without taking the city. This calamity of siege warfare"
3. "The Skillful Strategist defeats the enemy without doing battle, captures the city without laying siege, overthrows the enemy state without protracted war"
4. "The general is the prop of the nation. When the prop is solid, the nation is strong. When the prop is flawed, the nation is weak"
5. "In war, there are 5 steps: Measurement, estimation, calculation, comparison and victory
Earths determines measurement,
measurement determines estimation,
estimations determines calculation,
calculation determines comparison,
comparison determines victory."
6. "Be rushing as a wind; be stately as a forest; be ravaging as a fire; be still as a mountain; be inscrutable as night; be swift as thunder or lightning"
7. "The soldier's spirit is keenest in the morning; by noon it has dulled; by evening he has begun to think of home"
8. "There are roads not to take. There are armies not to attack. There are towns not to besiege. There are terrains not to contest. There are ruler's orders not to obey".
9. "Rashly underestimate your enemy, and you will surely be taken captive".
10. "Know the enemy, know yourself, and victory is never in doubt, not in a hundred battles".
These are the top 10..there are more but well you guys better grab that book and read because it's really a good book (^-^)